Invisalign Invisible Braces
Dr. Madsen is a certified Invisalign® and Invsisalign Teen® Provider. Invisalign ® is a series of virtually invisible aligners that are used to straighten your teeth over time. The aligners are manufactured from high tech 3D computer imaging to fit your mouth with absolute precision. Invisalign® has been clinically proven to be effective in a variety of cases and may be effective for your particular situation. Common treatments include people with mild crowding, spacing, or relapse since previous orthodontic treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
At your initial consultation, our orthodontist will determine whether your case is suitable for Invisalign® and provide you with realistic expectation of what this appliance can offer you. If you are a suitable candidate, then highly accurate moulds of your teeth are taken, sent to invisalign, which are then converted to a 3D digital model of your teeth for simulated treatment planning. Individual precise tooth movements are planned and prescribed to your case and submitted for the construction stage. A series of virtually invisible clear aligners are then laser cut, constructed and then posted back to us to guide you through wearing them.
Straight teeth, no braces… need we say more.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Almost Invisible – Invisalign’s aligners are clear, and offer a much more subtle treatment, allowing you to be confident in your smile while being treated.
- Comfortable – These aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces. They rarely irritate gums, and offer much more mild sensation in the mouth.
- Oral Hygiene – As they’re removable, it’s much easer to maintain your teeth with regular brushing and flossing – and you’re able to have your teeth professionally cleaned while undergoing treatment.
- Eat What You Want! – Because they’re removable, it means you can eat what you like without the fear of getting food caught – unlike traditional braces.
- Less frequent appointments – They’re a low-maintenance treatment option, meaning you won’t need appointments as regularly.
Is Invisalign Suitable For Everyone?
Whilst Invisalign offers a comfortable and convenient treatment option – it isn’t right for everyone. Your orthodontist will assess your teeth and bite, and determine whether Invisalign is a good treatment option for you. Invisalign isn’t well suited to correcting more complex issues – as the amount of correction required can only be achieved with conventional metal braces.
Invisalign Can Help With:
- Crooked Teeth/Smile – Invisalign is a great option to straighten your smile.
- Overbite – In some cases, Invisalign can assist with correcting overbites.
- Underbite – In some cases, Invisalign can be used to move lower teeth into a natural position and correct an underbite.
- Gaps – Invisalign may be used to correct gaps between teeth and provide a nicer smile.
- Crowded Teeth – Invisalign can assist with appropriately spacing some teeth, giving them more space.
What Invisalign Isn’t Suited For:
Invisalign is simply not the right option for all issues. For issues with individual teeth, issues requiring a large amount of rotation or correction – Invisalign is simply not the best option.
Generally, traditional braces are a more suitable option as they allow for a larger degree of correction. For children, traditional children’s braces are often the best option as they allow for the largest degree of correction.
Your orthodontist will suggest the best treatment for you during your consultation.
Invisalign is not just for adults ! Here at Orthoclinic Specialist Orthodontics, we are also certified to provide Invisalign in Canberra to teenagers with Invisalign Teen®.
Check out www.invisalign.com.au for more information.
Orthoclinic is Canberra’s leading Invisalign certified provider. Book now for an initial consultation with Dr. Madsen.